The Department of Philology, Stanisław Staszic University of Applied Sciences in Piła in cooperation with The Centre for Research and Innovation in Linguistic Education, “1 Decembrie 1918” University of Alba Iulia, Romania, The School of Foreign Languages, University American College Skopje, Macedonia and Student Academic Clubs, are honoured to invite you to
The Second International Philological Conference in Piła, Poland
with the leading theme
which will be held on 17-18 October 2017 on the premises of Stanisław Staszic University of Applied Sciences in Piła, Poland
The conference ‘COMMUNICATION-CULTURE-SPACE-IDENTITY’, held as part of the series ‘INTERNATIONAL PHILOLOGICAL CONFERENCES IN PIŁA, POLAND’, is aimed at analysing communicative processes used in different types of space, presenting their cultural conditioning, and establishing or constructing identity in a variety of socio-cultural environments.
You are invited to prepare paper presentations of 20 minutes (which will be followed by a discussion) or workshops of 45-minute duration.
Conference languages: English, Polish
The list of topics includes but is not limited to:
- communication in different types of public space (with special emphasis put on university, school and workplace spaces),
- foreign language teaching in the space of school/university,
- information technology in language teaching,
- relations between communication and culture,
- identity and space in linguistic or literary analysis,
- cultural transfer in literature and film,
- memory versus identity in cultural and literary space,
- metaphors as culturally conditioned communicative tools,
- communication, culture and identity in didactics,
- communication failures and conflict in linguistic or literary analysis,
- communicating through English as a lingua franca,
- language, culture, identity and language policy and planning,
- language contact and change.
As part of the conference, we are planning to organise a separate workshop section for English language teachers.
- lic. Joanna Han (tel. 67 352 26 25, Joanna.Han@pwsz.pila.pl)
Conference fee:420 PLN (Polish participants) / 110 EUR (participants from abroad)
The conference fee includes the cost of refreshments at coffee breaks, 2 lunches, an official dinner, conference materials and the publication of selected papers in a peer reviewed monograph. The fee does not include the cost of accommodation or travel.
On-line participation: 50 EUR (participants from abroad)
- 30.06. 2017 - deadline for registration (please fill in the attached form and submit it to the following e-mail address: Joanna.Han@pwsz.pila.pl)
- 07.07.2017 - notification of acceptance;
- 08.09. 2017 - deadline for the conference fee payment; in the case of resignation after Sep. 15, 2017, the seminar fee cannot be returned for organisational reasons;
- 06. 10.2017 - announcement of the conference programme.
Conference participants are kindly requested to book accommodation individually.
HOTELS IN PIŁA:
- Gromada, Al. Piastów 15, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 351 18 00, http://www.gromada.pl
- Gwda, ul. Dąbrowskiego 8, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 212 49 10 w. 11 lub 14, http://hotelgwda.pl
- Rębajło, ul. Wojciecha Kossaka 195, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 212 36 65, http://www.rebajlo.mini-max.biz/
- Kwant, Al. Powstańców Wielkopolskich 185, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 3514625, 67 3514635, http://www.hotelkwant.prv.pl
- Tarcza, Aleja Powstańców Wielkopolskich 182, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 213 81 89, http://www.hoteltarcza.pl/
- Gringo, Ogrodowa 25, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 607 390 341 http://www.gringo.pila.pl
- Dormitory PWSZ im. S. Staszica w Pile, ul. Żeromskiego 14, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 352 26 45, http://www.old.pwsz.pila.pl/jednostki-organizacyjne/dom-studenta.html